Tuesday, April 27, 2010


"Did you know that laughter heals the heart, increases your metabolism, makes you happy and touches even the grumpiest demeanor?" Austin photographer Lorri Honeycutt has produced photo-illustrations for a real estate firm, hair salon, sign company, medical group, software company and, of course, many restaurants and wineries. Honeycutt’s work is sold at Fortneys and Sparks, both on 6th Street in Austin, and is available at art festivals in Texas and along the East Coast and I was lucky enough to encounter her work on a trip to Tampa, FL. "I think that a sense of humor is a gift. Meeting those who share your odd sense of humor is joyous. Which means, I think we would get along famously. "All the photos were taken with a Nikon SLR digital camera macro lens, and a lot of little figures. None of the photos have been digitally enhanced or created." I just love the little figures! "At the very least, I hope my photos bring you a smile." And smile you will when you window shop at The Gallery at 916. Three of Lorri's photos are for sale at The Gallery. Or visit her online gallery at www.bigworldphoto.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment